USA vs Italy POST Match
Cumenda
2005-06-22 18:26:40 UTC
Everybdy can say what they want, but I would like to see this game
played with Sturgis paired with Ianni in central defense, with Spector
at left back or on the pine. He was horrible today (which might not be
totally his fault after the injury). The first goal was a fluke, but he
also tried to dribble out of defense on the second, and gave the ball
away numerous other times, in addition to just being completely out of
position pretty much all the time.

Goal #1: Deflected shot that Westberg had saved at the near post goes
in.
Goal #2: Give away by central defender dribbling at midfield line.
Goal #3: Own goal on ball that Westberg had covered in front of Pelle.

I know these are the breaks of the game, but thats some pretty crappy
luck to have to deal with (sandwiched around Spector's mistake). And
you can say that finishing sucked, but Viviano made some great saves on
Gaven and Ochoa that were headed for the upper 90. I'm pretty pissed
about the outcome, but the main thing is that there are a couple
players here that will definitely make an impact for the full national
team (Gaven, Fielhaber, Spector, Sturgis, Wynne) where it actually
counts.

Finally, in the sour grapes department, what a bunch of classless,
Totti-wannabe thugs the Italians are. Viviano rushes out to confront
Barrett for no apparent reason, and then Barrett gets choked by not
one, but two defenders. Classy guys, real classy. Hopefully they run up
against Brazil and get shown some real class.
Sassicaia Molotov
2005-06-22 18:42:25 UTC
Everybody can say what they want, but I can't stop crunching
Meriadoc Overhill of Nobottle
2005-06-22 19:48:06 UTC
Kiss my ass
Myst
2005-06-22 20:45:35 UTC
shut the fuck up
Kevin LaBerge
2005-06-23 01:48:04 UTC
Take your own advice cunt.
/ram
2005-06-22 22:29:23 UTC
Cumenda [***@hotmail.com] così scrisse:

[hugecut]

|| Finally, in the sour grapes department, what a bunch of classless,
|| Totti-wannabe thugs the Italians are. Viviano rushes out to confront
|| Barrett for no apparent reason

Ask your mother for that, she might know.
--
HAVE A NICE TRIP!
/ram
p***@yahoo.com
2005-06-23 02:10:50 UTC
Post by Cumenda
Everybdy can say what they want, but I would like to see this game
played with Sturgis paired with Ianni in central defense ...
As bad as Spector was, I'm not sure Sturgis would've been able to
contain Pelle. At 5'10, 150 lbs., he's just too small.

A guy who really should've made this team is Steve Purdy of Cal. He's
6'3, athletic, and good with the ball at his feet. He would've helped
with Pelle, but more importantly, if the U-20 team is supposed to be
about developing prospects, we need to start selecting big center backs
(and a Friedelantuan goalkeeper).
Post by Cumenda
I know these are the breaks of the game, but thats some pretty crappy
luck to have to deal with (sandwiched around Spector's mistake).
... the proverbial straws that broke the camel's back. Italy was
allowed so many openings that the goal was bound to come.
Post by Cumenda
you can say that finishing sucked, but Viviano made some great saves on
Gaven and Ochoa that were headed for the upper 90.
Actually, Gaven's shot bent back into the keeper, he should've done
better.

In the 2003 WYC, people said Eddie Johnson sucked because he put a
bunch of shots barely off-frame. In 2005, people say our attacking
sucked because so many shots have been within the keepers' reach. But
on average, our finishing has been lethal. :-)
Post by Cumenda
Finally, in the sour grapes department, what a bunch of classless,
Totti-wannabe thugs the Italians are. Viviano rushes out to confront
Barrett for no apparent reason ...
The really disgraceful play was the hatchet job in the penalty area at
the end of the first half. Guy sees the ref isn't looking, so he wipes
out Freeman's legs from behind. Then Viviano rushes out to confront
Freeman ... what a clown.

Cumenda
2005-06-23 14:00:03 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
Post by Cumenda
Everybdy can say what they want, but I would like to see this game
played with Sturgis paired with Ianni in central defense ...
As bad as Spector was, I'm not sure Sturgis would've been able to
contain Pelle. At 5'10, 150 lbs., he's just too small.
A guy who really should've made this team is Steve Purdy of Cal. He's
6'3, athletic, and good with the ball at his feet. He would've helped
with Pelle, but more importantly, if the U-20 team is supposed to be
about developing prospects, we need to start selecting big center backs
(and a Friedelantuan goalkeeper).
About this one? Why in the world would you let T&T having it during the
qualifying when he is born in the US and has played for the US U18 in
the past!?!?

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/Athlete.asp?s=Soccer&i=117
m***@gmail.com
2005-06-24 09:21:49 UTC
Minchia come ROSICHI!!!! Ma te stai proprio perdendo la
bile,coglione!!!
RROTFL per il cambio di nome patetico,che speravi ti salvasse il culo -
CIAO idiota!!!